Corona Virus Pandemic and St Luke’s (last updated 8th September 2020)
Following on from the UK national lock-down, when all of our projects, events and services in the building were paused, we are pleased to be able to begin re-opening.
Our Sunday service has resumed (with some limitations) at 11am every Sunday. Everyone is welcome, whether you came before lock-down or not! Children are welcome to come with an adult and we have activity packs available for them,
If you do decide to join us on Sundays please be aware of the following:
- You need to wear a mask unless medically exempt
- Physical distancing is in place, so you will be asked to sit in a particular place
- Please make sure to wash your hands regularly
- We need to keep contact details of people who have come just in case someone has the virus and we need to let people know
Online Services: If you don’t feel able to attend yet, we have an online service which is available every Sunday on YouTube from 10am. To find our YouTube channel, either search Rev Nick Walsh on YouTube or go to our website: stlukesdownham.org.uk or our Facebook page: @stlukes70
Material for Children: If you would resources or support with teaching your children about Jesus and the Christian faith please contact Kirstyn via email: email@example.com
Other Projects and Activities:
The Front Room Club, our café drop-in , has resumed for reduced hours and service. We are currently open on Friday from 10am to 12noon for hot drinks/snacks and a game of bingo only.
All of our other projects remain on hold at the moment as we try to work out how to resume them safely.
To stay in contact with the church and to keep building up our faith and community please do one or all of the following:
- If you use WhatsApp please text me on 07774516204 so I can add you to the St Luke’s group
- If you use Facebook, please follow St Luke’s Downham (@stlukes70) for regular updates
- There will also be regular updates on this website
- If you can’t do any of the above or if you would like to talk or pray or request support, please contact Rev. Nick – 07774516204 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do pray for us all as we will continue to pray for you. And as always, we encourage you to look after each other and care for those around you.
Grace and Peace
Reverend Nick Walsh, Vicar
The District Church Council (DCC) of St Luke’s Downham recognises the need to safeguard the children, young people and adults in our care and guard against the possibility of any form of abuse of children, young people and adults by persons who may be acting in the name of our parish. We take our responsibilities to safeguard everyone who attends our church very seriously and have therefore paid due regard to safeguarding policy and procedure. We therefore resolve that we will comply with the duty under section 5 of the Safeguarding and Clergy Discipline Measure 2016 (duty to have due regard to House of Bishops’ guidance on safeguarding children and vulnerable adults).
If you have any safeguarding concerns please speak to Rev. Nick Walsh on 07774516204, one of the Church Wardens or our safeguarding officer – Lucie Walsh on 07817478110 / email@example.com. Alternatively please contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser on 020 7939 9423 (office hours), 07982 279713 (out of hours).
If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority Children or Adults Services.